Mini Stars Information
- Mini Stars will focus and ABC’s (Agility, Balance, and Co-ordination) as much as the Football side of the game.
- Boys and Girls train together but maybe broken into groups depending on the numbers of kids and also coaches.
- Training frequency, times, and venue TBC. No NECSL Small Sided Games (SSG), which is an advantage when smaller kids are starting. As the ‘Mini Stars’ will only be training-based the parents will not need to pay for NECSL facilitators fees hence a saving, however small at this early stage of their introduction to club football.
- The Mini Stars’ Head Coach will be the first point of contact for parents within the club. The Mini Star coaches will stay with this section each year and will not move forward with each group to the small-sided games
- Having ‘Mini Stars’ will reduce the burden on first-time coaches whereby they will be dealing with a single age group, for example only u7 boys, not under 7, under 6, and under 5 all in one group.
- The fee set at €40 reflects the fact that there are no small-sided games.
- It may be required that some boys and girls will be needed to make up numbers for the u7 boys and u8 girls small-sided games respectively. This may occur at the start of the season when we know numbers or occasionally during the season as a result of holidays.